the most unlucky st. patties day that ever was..

Monday, March 18, 2013

shirt:Zara//Jeans:Hudson//boots:Steve Madden

Don't let these pictures fool you! It all happened after I finished working
out (wearing a green tank mind you) and happily gallivanted home to
snack on some green veggies and be merry. It had been a seemingly 
normal day, St Patricks Day aside.
As I drove home it happened in a split second. I slammed on my breaks 
and my heart dropped into my stomach. I hit someone. 
The first thoughts that came to me were:
"Are they okay?" "It's all my fault" "I'm going to jail". No I am not
exaggerating. I have never been in any kind of accident, let alone one
where I hit someone on what I thought to be a bicycle.
It happened too fast for me to even comprehend what had gone on.
It turns out it was a 15 year old boy on a mini bike/motorcycle who ran a 
stop sign while goofing off with his friends plowed into my car. 
I only found this out when three witnesses ran toward the accident and told me what 
had happened. It happened so fast, I think I'm still in shock. 
It wasn't my fault. That's what I keep trying to tell telling myself.
We are currently trying to deal with everything on our own, because it was
illegal for him to be driving the bike in the first place, but I just can't help 
but think of how much worse it could have been. He went to the emergency room
just to be safe and I pray he didn't seriously get hurt, but nonetheless I feel guilty.
I am SO grateful that no one was seriously injured though, and that the boy's mom 
(and mine, who I called immediately) lived 2 minutes away and were able to
help figure the situation out. However scary and trying the situation turned 
out to be, it has taught me that nothing in life is predictable. Things happen
that are out of your control, and the best you can do is learn from them.

So that's how I'm starting my week. Trying to learn from this terrible experience and live each moment to the fullest. I hope my story encourages you to do the same!

(end rant)

6 Comments

  1. How scary! Glad you and everyone was ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the best way to start off the week - but glad to hear you're fine!

    Just don't stop driving after the accident - its understandable to not want to drive but the best way to deal with it is to just to face the fear! I found it really helped, after I was involved in an accident.

    Take care and you'll get over the shock soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looove your shirt!
    p.s. cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I'm so glad that everyone is okay! What a scary experience.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! A girl at my work hit some pedestrians last week (her fault though) and it makes me sick to think about. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Glad everyone is fine! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even thought it wasn't your fault I can see how it would still make your stomach turn. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...