Jacob's Scarves

Tuesday, March 12, 2013


I want to start out by sharing with you that I have never been so touched and moved by any project as the one I recently became a part of. It so rare to find someone putting all of themselves into something to help others. That is just what Kiri Reisner is doing with Jacob's Scarves.


I'll let her explain a little bit about it (because she's so passionate!) :

"Last year, I lived in the city on Zhongshan, China. There, I met a little boy. I affectionately named him Jacob, and he quickly became my best friend. However, the more I learned of him and his family, the more I felt God compelling me to serve him. So, thanks to God's push, His miracles, and His desire to see this adventure through - I started a company called Jacob's Scarves. My intention is to sell beautiful silk & cotton scarves at a fair price with all proceeds going towards an education for Jacob and his littler brother Joshua. Through the efforts of Jacob's Scarves both boys will receive a bilingual education, something that could drastically inspire and change their lives for the better."

Now is the part where we come in! We are such a special community of do-good bloggers. I have seen the generosity and compassion of so many strangers that I feel it is my duty to put some good out there in the world. If you're anything like me, and want to be a part of making someones dreams a reality, do your part. Spread the word, contribute, become educated on the task at hand. A n y t h i n g helps.

Blog
Shop

Jacob's scarves hits home for me, as I know it will with so many of you too! Everyone deserves an education to help them figure out what they want out of life...and we can help.

As Kiri quoted, "Do things with passion, or not at all."

1 Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...