On Staying "Private"

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I know I'm constantly blogging for the whole world Internet to see, but my blog is still somewhat private. I made the decision when I first started to not make my blog known by my "real life" friends. I don't advertise my blog via instagram (ya know, by adding your URL in your about section), and I don't have a twitter or facebook that I share with friends. My closest loved ones know I have a blog (duh!), but other than that it's just you guys!

I think it is so important to be able to share what I'm feeling at any given moment! Not that I'm insecure with who I am, but I do like the privacy factor I got going on...I don't have to worry about holding my tongue or watching what I say for fear that I will be judged harshly by those around me. That is not to say I won't go completely public one day (maybe even soon), but I like the carelessness this blog brings to me. This is after all my "journal", so it should be as me as possible, right? RIGHT!


Do any of you do the same thing? I'd love to hear your opinions on this :)

5 Comments

  1. I understand where you're coming from. I'm still relatively new to blogging, but I haven't really told many of my friends about my blog. I choose not to post information about it on facebook. I can certainly respect the decision you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing. A few of my closest friends (and a majority of my family) know that I have this blog, and can read along if they wish! I however have a separate twitter for my blog, and my instagram does not link back to my blog! I have a pinterest, and I also do not link it back to my blog. I am sure one day I may go more public with it, but for now it's MINE! To keep to myself, and for whoever randomly stumbles across it :)


    XO, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand that! My blog is public, but i do not advertise about it on fb nor do i really tell people about in 'real life'. Not hiding it but sometimes I feel like others wouldn't understand why i do it. It's nice to have a piece that is just mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so have done that if I didn't have my blog connected to my job, but ten to one most of my friends probably have no idea I blog. Even though I mention it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blogging. I feel like it's just for me to share what's on my mind or share something meaningful or touching to me even if no one replies to it(: It's my little world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...