battle the bulge (I)

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

As a self-proclaimed yoyo-er, (the weight kind, not the toy kind) I have come to find what works well for me and my body. I'm not an expert, but I have found some fool proof tips I'd like to share with you. I've been inspired lately à la Ana (Bluebird Kisses) and Alycia (Crowley Party) to share my story. It's a brand new year and although I love the idea of adding "loose weight" to my mile long resolution list, that's not what I have found most helpful.

1. It's much easier to focus on everything you're going to gain, rather than thinking about ditching those extra lbs. You will not only fit into those coveted skinny jeans, but you'll gain confidence! What's better than feeling your best? Nothing I tell ya!
2. Water Water Water! Duh I know, but for realz. I'll even double up on the water when I eat something not so good for me. Double plus: it keeps your skin looking clean and pimple-free.
3. Fruits and Veggies. This one is key! Not only are they good for you but they're yummy and full of vitamin C and other healthy benefits.
4. Stay active. I know it's not realistic for me to tell you I work out everyday, because I don't, and I doubt anyone really does. But the key thing is to keep moving. Ditch the elevator and take the stairs. Anything~
5. Celebrate even the smallest accomplishments. Staying healthy and active is hard work! Allow yourself to feel happy when you loose that extra pound, or get up early to go on a walk around your neighborhood. Every little thing counts.

I hope this series is something you'd be interested in! I love reading tips, tricks, and real life success stories from other bloggers. It inspires me to be healthy and happy! I hope I can provide some of that for you here too. I would love for you to link up anything you find helpful! Pins, blog posts, inspiration of all sorts.

xoxo

2 Comments

  1. Love this post! I've been yo-yoing lately too and I'm now trying to get back on track, the healthy way. Perfect tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this. especially the first one. I've never thought about thinking about what i may gain from my efforts. I already feel more excited to go forth in health! Thanks! ps. I'm a new reader, looooovin' it! :)

    kiri from greentreesredroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...