a series of (unfortunate) events.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Picture this: I'm floating on cloud nine. All of my finals are complete, school has come to a close, I reward myself with a much needed day of sleeping in, I drive to meet school friends in Melrose for a day of shopping/eating/celebrating, and then my car dies. IT WON'T TURN ON! My hopes for a relaxed fun filled day comes crashing down on top of me. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle or two. I have the worst luck ever! AAA takes about an hour and a half to figure out the problem and tow me to the nearest mechanic. Then I find out I need a new starter. Those can't cost that much, right? Wrong! I am so fortunate my starter went kaput as I was parked and not somewhere while I was driving, like a busy street, or God forbid the freeway...gives me the eebie geebies thinking about how much worse it could have been. 
I guess it wasn't all bad. Yes my mom had to drive in rush hour traffic to come fetch me and take me straight to babysit (which I still made it to on time. Booyah!)(oh ya thanks mom!), but my car being stranded in LA did mean I'd have to go back the next day to get it. And why not spend that aforementioned babysitting dough while I'm at it right? That's what you would do to drown your sorrows too, right? Right??? Bueller? Bueller?

I saw The Hobbit last night and highly recommend it! I loved The Lord of the Rings, so I knew I'd like this too, but I was blown away. I might need to make a trip to see it again, which is rare people! Have you seen it, or any other great movies recently? Tell me tell me :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...