a note to self:

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

With my 21st birthday fast approaching, I can't help but look back on my life thus far and think "I wish I had done that differently." Of course that's not the way life works (duh), but if I could do some things over you better believe I would. High school was both the best and most challenging time of my life. First love and first heartache, best friends becoming worst enemies, popularity feeling like the most important thing in the world, selfishness and selflessness, and great opportunities. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Notes to my high school self:

+ Family is most important. They are the only
people who will always have your best interest at heart.
+ Small boobies (lol) are not the end of the world! Learn to love yourself no 
matter your insecurities. Don't let that define how you feel about yourself.
+ Just because you plan on getting a soccer scholarship, it doesn't mean grades 
should come second. You'll end up choosing going down a completely different 
path. But don't worry! Everything will turn out like it's supposed to.
+ Don't let that bad breakup define you, as a person. It's whats his 
names loss. See, he won't even be a thought in your head in 4 years.
+ Don't argue with your mom. She's your best friend and only wants what's best for you.
+ Stay true to your beliefs. People will admire you for choosing to do what makes
you happy, and not just following along with what your friends think is cool.

I've come to realize that both success and loss make you the person you are, but it's not so much who you used to be, but who you want to become. I would love for this next year of my life to be one of mostly success, but I know that I will be able to overcome the difficulties it has to offer as well. And how do I know this? I've survived 20 years filled with ups and downs and twist and turns. 21 better be ready for me!

I just want to send out a huge thank you for those that continue to read my blog and share in my experiences with me. I may not share every little piece of my life with you, but it has been a place where I have learned to own my voice, and I look forward to always feeling comfortable sharing my feelings with you. You're friendships, comments, and emails genuinely do make me extremely happy, so thank you.

3 Comments

  1. You are soo wise, AND gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so well beyond your years in wisdom hon! I love your perspective on life! So refreshing!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so adorable! I didn't realize you were so young! Just a baby.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...