Photoshop 101 (1)

Thursday, February 16, 2012


Are you ready for this? I've decided start a mini series detailing my trials and errors with using photoshop! I am by no means an expert, and what I've learned has mostly come from willing friends, other blogs, or photoshop books, but I want you all the find a love for photography and editing you never knew you had! (Don't have Photoshop? Try it out for free! You won't regret it)

actions:
When I started using Photoshop, the very first thing I did was play with actions and edit my photos as best I could. This is a good basic first step! Someone has already made the necessary adjustments to edit a photo for you. The most important thing to do is PRACTICE! 

How to Download an Action:
Search for free actions in Goggle to get you started. One of my favorite sites to get awesome actions is The CoffeeShop Blog.
1. Open up your picture in Photoshop (For my Mac I drag the photo to to "PS" icon found on my computer's dock.)
2. Download your desired action and open it up. (If you're in Photoshop and it doesn't automatically show you your dowloaded action, then you need to open your actions palette. Go to Windows>Actions.)
3. Open up your Layers palette. Windows>Layers.
4. Highlight the action you want to use and press the play button at the bottom of the box!
Hooray you're there! (File>Save for Webs & Devices.)
(If you want to see the changes that your action made for you, click the eye icon next to the highlighted action in your layers palette. Make sure before you save that the eye is visible!)

I hope that makes a little sense, but if it doesn't feel free to let me know if you have any questions :) Check back soon for a new Photoshop 101 tutorial!

3 Comments

  1. Omg. This is amazing! I've been wanting to get photoshop but have been a bit scared off by the fact that I'm not too tech-savvy. I'm excited you'll be posting these tutorials! I'll be downloading the freebie this weekend.. :) THANK YOU!

    amber-eve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Photoshop is on my list of things to tackle this year, but I've never even played with it before so I'm a little intimidated! I'm excited to gather all your great tips. xoxo! eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok you just became my bff!

    i love the idea of you putting up tutorials!
    i will soon have to get photoshop since my dear
    picnik is closing :( thank you so much darling



    xoxo
    MELINA
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...